Notification procedure for non-recurring activities
Certain one-off activities causing environmental damage must be reported to the municipality's environmental protection authority or the Centre for Economic Development (ELY Centre). As a result, either a statement will be issued or a decision made on the report.
Matters to be reported to the municipal environmental protection authority include:
- temporary noise and vibration (at least 30 days before the procedure or event)
- experimental operations (at least 30 days before the start of operations)
- exceptional situations
- manure storage in open pits
Matters to be reported to the ELY centre:
- decontamination of contaminated soil
- reporting activities using volatile organic solvents to the environmental protection information system
- utilisation of waste in land construction
- dredging reports
- drainage reports
In addition, the ELY centre must be notified of any noise and vibration, exceptional situations and experimental activities affecting the area of more than one municipality.