Education and Instruction Committee
On this page
The tasks of the Uusikaupunki Education and Instruction Committee include the organisation and development of early childhood education, basic education, upper secondary education, other types of secondary education, and extracurricular activities. The committee handles a set of tasks outlined in the law on children’s day care, the law on allowances for children's home care and private care, the Basic Education Act, the Act on General Upper Secondary Education and the Act on Liberal Adult Education.
- Chairperson Reijonsaari-Korsman Jaana (firstname.lastname@example.org), alternate member Kelsey Miia (email@example.com)
- Vice-chairperson Sjöblom Mika (firstname.lastname@example.org), alternate member Luotonen Martti
- Member Helén Mia (email@example.com), alternate member Torppa Kati (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Member Turunen Marko (email@example.com), alternate member Valmunen Henri (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Member Riihijärvi Riikka (email@example.com), alternate member Pietikäinen Reija
- Member Virtanen Lasse, alternate member Aho Markku (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Member Risunen Elina (email@example.com), alternate member Hyytiä Eveliina (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Member Simmons Granger (email@example.com), alternate member Yildirim Eren
- Member Tättilä Anniina (firstname.lastname@example.org), alternate member Kukkula Anniina (email@example.com)
- Member Pöntinen Paula, alternate member Lehtoruusu Laura
- Member Toivonen Mika (firstname.lastname@example.org), alternate member Aaltonen Esa
Youth Council representative Emil Haijanen, deputy representative Maisa Kari
City Board representative: Seppo Nikula (email@example.com), deputy representative Rauno Aaltonen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rapporteur: Educational Director Arja Kitola, p. 040 480 2089
Secretary: Administrative Secretary Marja-Leena Arvonen, p. 044 723 5231
January 25, March 1, March 29, May 24 and June 14
Meetings normally start at 6 p.m.
Meeting invitations and agendas are published in the trustees' electronic online service at least three (3) days before each meeting, unless this is prevented by special circumstances. The committee secretary informs members, alternate members and others who have the right to participate in the meeting by e-mail of when the meeting agenda will be published in the trustees' online service.
The agendas and minutes corresponding to the meetings of the Education and Instruction Committee are published on the website of the City of Uusikaupunki. Media outlets are informed by e-mail when a meeting agenda becomes available online.
Minutes inspectors are selected separately at each meeting.
After the inspection, the minutes, together with any rectification requests or appeals, are made available for viewing on the municipality's website as specified in Section 140 of the Local Government Act.
In general terms, official decisions are kept available for viewing on the City's website during the appeal period.